Sunday, December 5, 2010

Jeremy Jones' Deeper- Teton Gravity Research

I really respect Jeremy Jones. He loves the mountains (POW protect our winters http://protectourwinters.org/why-join-pow/). I like what he stands for. Two years ago my dad and I were in Targhee for a week and so was Jermey Jones with his family. I was too nervous to say hi, so I just creepily followed him around the hill. This time when I saw him I just creepily filmed him.
Jeremy Jones' Deeper- Teton Gravity Research from elisabeth toft on Vimeo.




I was born in Wyoming, but when I was six we moved to Idaho. We would go back to Wyoming every year before Christmas and ski Grand Targhee.  Sometimes I would see the Jones brothers (the guys who started TGR) drop the crazy cliffs  on the side of Targhee from the lift. Little did I know what and who they would become (http://www.tetongravity.com/) .


Deeper is Jeremy Jones's project.  It covers two seasons of monstrous mountains.  Deeper is BIG mountain riding.  All the lines are reached on skins or by climbing. All the riding is done on splitboards. They camp in the mountains for weeks and spend many days snowed in their tents (crazy eyes). They go places where people have rarely been and do some really insane stuff. I kept wondering if  they were going to come out alive or if they even really knew what they were doing. The guys turn back when they have to, knowing the mountain is in charge. It was beautiful to see a snowboarding film that wasn't about tricks. It was about truly riding and the love of the mountain.
My final thoughts: I need a splitboard.


Thanks Sugarbush (http://www.sugarbush.com/) for the tickets!

No comments:

Post a Comment