Saturday, December 18, 2010

Back In The Game

I'm back in the west visiting my fam and the mountains. Yesterday was my first day home and I was beaten down by Baldy (Sun Valley). I'm walking like an 80 year old. Today my dad and I went to Pomerelle. Pomerelle is in the Sawtooth National Forest. I learned to ride at Pomerelle. I was raised there. I went to Pomerelle every weekend from age six to sixteen. Everyone in my family taught skiing or snowboarding there except for my mom.  I have the best memories of this place.  It's not as steep as Sun Valley, but it gets killer snow. If there is a chance of it snowing anywhere, it is snowing at Pomerelle. The mountain has two lifts, neither one of them are quads- so they give you time to rest, but also time to freeze. I find moving your arms as fast as possible will take care of the freezing. The mountain has been run by the same family for as long as I've been going there. I also don't think anyone is allowed to have a day off, I always see the whole family working. Did I mention that no one is ever there and you can get freshies at three in the afternoon? Yeah, so they've got that going for them.
the pic is punch last spring- no shooting today- it was a powder day

                                                                  
                                                                    
New York





                         these make me laugh

No comments:

Post a Comment