Thursday, November 18, 2010

Ah, Colorado



My girl Carrie commented in her facebook status that it was a powder day. She's in Breck. I began reminiscing about last years CO trip..........





A long time ago, in a land far away there were four ex-Burton sales associates who decided to leave the big city and follow the call of the mountains. On the way there one of them acquired a Ram Zi. Time passed and I became more and more worried about their mental state. So Q and I set out to visit the escapees. We rode Breck. We rode Vail. We rode the Beav. We pretended the elevation didn't effect us. Then we rode Vail some more. All these mountains are within an hour and a half of each other, if it's not a blizzard and you aren't driving a toy car. We were driving a toy car in a blizzard.

These mountains are just a bunch of kids that have been chilling together for a while.

Breck is the bad kid. All my girls worked at Breck. I was on the chair with a 10 year old who was rolling a blunt, I was like, um, give me that- I'm telling your mother! I have a bump problem so I was all about The Burn. (Peak 8 was closed, no snow). Those long rollers are big fun too.

The Beav. is the fat kid. They give you warm cookies at 2pm everyday, c'mon. Our tour guide was a voiceless sushi chief ninja from Queens who showed us the glades. Man, is the vert at the Beav sweeeeeet! Root broke his collar bone. Genna had some fat lady run over her face. Was fun for all.

Then there is Vail, Vail is the smart kid that knows everything, you want to hate him, but then that smart kid writes all your papers and you realize that all you wanna do is chill with the smart kid. Q had his first bump run! Ramz and I rode from one side to the other, front and back. Wildwoooood!
Vail is Mecca. It's 7 miles wide. Bowls and bowls and bowls and then some more bowls. You could ride Vail for a whole season and not cover all of it- Someday I will take that challenge.Ps- for all you Eastcoasters- check this out http://www.rideandskine.com/Home.html. Good discounts and it's something for the kids.......

No comments:

Post a Comment