Thursday, August 23, 2012

WEST RIDE STORIES- GRAND TARGHEE

I got out to Grand Targhee, Wy a couple of times last year. Lil sis lives 45 min. away.  I visit and sleep on the floor. She knows all the secrets. I only got one day at Targhee before Christmas. And in March Mary and I made the executive decision to stop by Targhee on our way back from Breckenridge, CO (other lil' sister's floor) to Sun Valley, ID (desination lil' bro's floor). Hours out of the way- but it had to be done- Targhee is such a sweet little treat.


Mary looking out on the back after hiking Mary's Nipple. Rocking our favorite 80's coat.


Locked and loaded for the descent on top of Mary's Nipple.



The Giant and I went to Targhee for our honey moon in April after we got married on the top of Baldy (Sun Valley). He doesn't look so giant when he's in those bowls.......
coming down from Mary's


I love dropping that headwall; don't care how choppy the landing might be- gnar down those chicken necks.
dropping The Bad


the giant loves it too
smashing The Ugly


sunny days are rare at the Ghee- it's crazy when you can actually see stuff
coming down The Big


Braids flying lil sis leads the way



Oh Targhee, just counting the days till you are in my arms again



No comments:

Post a Comment