Tuesday, March 15, 2011

SHAOLIN VS WU TANG- THE CHEF'S NEW CONCOCTION




RAEKWON AT THE MUSIC HALL OF WILLIAMSBURG, BROOKLYN

I was massively excited for Rae's album release party for Shaolin Vs Wu Tang. I have a little bit of a Wu problem.

I was so excited that we only went to the show an hour and a half late, despite everyone reminding me that I always went to hip-hop shows too early. We should have been three hours late. We watched Cipha Sounds and Rosenberg (Hot 97 DJs) spin for two hours. Q calls them wedding DJs. I mean, don't get me wrong, they know their hip-hop, but I would love to hear something different. Why doesn't Rae have some Wu afilliates open for him?
Whomp Whomp

So Rae came out and explained that in this album Shaolin was him because he was raised in Staten Island and this album was him trying to go back to his roots and his OG way of ryhming. Um, think that this really means its Rae VS Rza.

Rae

I love Rae. He is a true lyricist. You can see how much he feels and lives hip-hop. He did some 36 Chambers. He did some Cuban Linx. He did some of the new album. Inspectah and Cappadonna showed up and rocked the mic.

Rae & Inspectah


There was a massive fight which cleared out more than half of the crowd. Rae ended with "Kiss the Ring" my fav. joint off of Cuban Linx II. It was a sweet show.

Afterwards Rae had a table set up where you could buy CDs and posters and he would sign them.
In my day an album release party meant that you got the album, that's part of the reason you would go to the show (bitter old man voice)

No comments:

Post a Comment