Tuesday, February 8, 2011

FREAKS BALL XL

FREAKS BALL XL

Last Fri. Good Luck took me to Brooklyn Bowl to see some pretty amazing string work

Some Cat From Japan
They are a Jimi Hendrix cover band. I know, I love Jimi- but a Jimi Hendrix cover band? But, they were incredible. This band is based out of Brooklyn and the musicians are pretty important, I'm not much of a Jam band girl, but people kept screaming the musician's credentials at me. I was really into it. (http://www.jambands.com/features/2010/06/01/some-cat-from-japan-not-just-another-hendrix-cover-band)



El Ten Eleven
They are an instrumental duo from L.A. Kristian Dunn plays a plethora of basses. He plays two different double neck bass guitars and two different fretless bass guitars. Tim Fogarty plays an assortment of drums. Together they make some wild tracks. It's pretty mind-blowing. I've never seen anyone play the bass like that before. (http://www.elteneleven.com/secret/)



I was a little anitsocial. Oh wait, you're not supposed to film the back of people's heads? Duly noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment